Friday, November 18, 2011

I have a very large(at least 6 ft x4 ft) stag horn fern that fell from where it has been for years?

I don't know what to do it is so large. I would like to attatch it to something and hang it up again. It seems OK, There is a large curve on the back side where it was attached. It doesn't seem to have soil or roots in that area. It is so large, I can hardly move it. And advice would be wonderful....Thanks, I would hate to loose it after all these years.

I have a very large(at least 6 ft x4 ft) stag horn fern that fell from where it has been for years?
you can pack the sheild part with spagnum moss to promote new root growth and attach it anyway you like. most of the shield part is acutally dead and busy growing its own little community garden so don't worry about hurting it too much when you reattach it. it might also be a good time to break it up and start a new ball with the younger growth.
Reply:Check with your county extension office. The master gardeners can tell you exactly how to handle the fern.


Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment