Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is the best way to take care of a maidenhair fern and not kill it?

Whenever I buy a maident hair fern, I feel guilty becasue they always die on me. Someone told me not to water them on the top of the soil, but to keep a little water in the dish under the pot at all times, to keep the soil moist. Is that right? Any other words of wisdom?

What is the best way to take care of a maidenhair fern and not kill it?
I always water all my plants from the bottom. they seem to like it better. You can also try putting it in the bathroom. Ferns love the steam from the shower. Also try to keep it out of direct sunlight. Hope this helps.
Reply:Ferns do best away from direct sunlight. They are definately shade lovers. Extreme heat and cold can also kill them. Try watering with room temp or a little warmer water.


No comments:

Post a Comment